(1) The ABS (anti-lock brakes) light randomly goes on and stays on... although apparently nothing is wrong with the ABS.
(2) The heater has a mind of its own. Randomly, heat comes out of the vents, when the heater is clearly turned OFF. And, if you actually want the heat on, but turn it up too high, it makes this awful screaming noise that forces us to turn it all the way off immediately.
(3) The A/C just doesn't work. At all. No cold air whatsoever.
(4) We just had to replace all 4 tires after we had one blow out on the freeway... cost us over $1000, plus the $180 we had to pay to sign up for roadside assistance (they really screw you over in your time of need, let me tell you).
(5) The little button to adjust the side mirrors has fallen off... maybe we can fix it with super glue?
(6) One of the speakers is broken, but will randomly start working and scare the crap out of the driver. The music will be turned up in order to compensate for a broken speaker, and then all of the sudden sound will come out from the speaker right by the driver, making it extra loud... and then it will go off again a few seconds later.
(7) This is the newest one that REALLY put us over the top. The driver side door is broken. Something in the handle broke off INSIDE the door, so the driver side door CAN NO LONGER BE OPENED FROM THE INSIDE. Yes, that's correct, if you are driving, you cannot actually let yourself out of the car from the inside. You have to roll down the window, open the door from the outside, and then roll up the window and get out. Lemon.
So I think that's it... I mean, I suppose it gets us from A to B, so it's doing its job in that sense. But if we get a few more things to add to the list above, it might win an award for worst care ever! Hopefully we can stop at #7. If we get to #10 I'm trading it for a bike. :)
***EDIT: Ok our car is not that bad, it runs well and we actually really like it. Mark felt I was being too critical since it's actually a decent car and we both do like it. Just a rough day yesterday with the driver side door breaking and all. :) But our little VW is not so bad.