2 brick posts done, 1 to go! Two of them are completely finished, and the third one is about 3/4 of the way done! One or two more day's work and we will have all 3 of them finished! Now the real work begins... attaching the wood fence to the brick fence posts. And then, FINALLY, we will have completed the fence project. Well, actually, I lied. We have to make 2 gates first, and THEN we will be done with our fence. And I can't even wait!! Here's an updated picture of our progress so far.
Now my next project is removing the jungle of weeds that have formed in our back/side yard. Yesterday I pulled all the weeds in the back, and it looks much better, but the side yard is an entirely different story. New Zealand has this pesky weed called gorse, and it is very spiky and SO annoying, and of course taking over our side yard. And when they get so big, you can't just pull them out, you have to dig them out. So I have taken some before pictures so I can assure myself that I actually am making progress (these pictures I took were after over an hour of serious weed pulling, and I swear I couldn't even tell a difference, so I need some physical evidence to make myself feel better). And by the way, let me tell you, getting up and down from that retaining wall is no easy task with this new pregnant body of mine. :)
Anyway, so then, once all that is done... on to the next project (still TBD, stay tuned). Gotta cram as much in now before (1) the rain returns (2) I get even more huge and (3) we have a baby to occupy all our time!