- Getting much better at tummy time (i.e. not screaming as soon as I put her on her stomach). She actually is lifting her head off the ground quite a bit. She loves tummy time on the boppy pillow because she's not laying flat out on the ground.
- Making a lot more cooing noises. She is apparently also trying out some new cries, which are pretty funny because they are usually cries when she is bored, or wants some more attention, so they're short and more like a squawk than a cry.
- Loves to sleep on her side, and is pretty good about falling asleep on her own (as in, we almost never put her down already asleep, we put her down awake and she falls asleep in her own bed... yay!)
- Has figured out she can get rid of her pacifier by (1) spitting it on to the floor or (2) pulling it out forcefully with her fingers. She used to pull it out accidentally (I know this because then she cried because she wanted it back), but now it's deliberate.
- Likes to look at herself in the mirror.
- Loves to be read to. We are currently reading quite a few Winnie the Pooh books, then we're moving on to the Disney series (Aladdin, Cinderella, etc)
- According to our scale at home, she weighs 9 pounds 10-ish ounces (basically I weigh myself holding her, then weigh myself not holding her, do some arithmetic, and voila, we get baby's weight). Who knows how accurate this is, but it was pretty much right on last time.
- Has fallen asleep in the car every. single. time. we go anywhere.
- Takes a bottle almost every single night before bed... the record is just under 5 ounces (about 140 mls)... yikes.
- Has only had two diaper blowoust in a whole week. Amen to that.
- Takes evening baths with daddy, and LOVES it. It's their special bonding time. AND she has not pooped in the bath yet.
- Is sort of like a piranha when it comes to her eating habits/mannerisms... thank goodness she doesn't have teeth
- Gives us occasional smiles, most frequently in the morning, but nothing too consistent. I think Mark scared her out of smiling the other day when she gave him a HUGE gorgeous smile, and out of excitement, he yelled so loudly it even scared me, so obviously Riley got a huge fright as well and starting crying. :( Poor baby.
- Starts out sleeping every night in her moses basket or crib, and then comes in bed with us after her 3am-ish feed.
- Likes to be swaddled now, but ONLY if her hands are at least semi-free. Otherwise she will literally fight it and strain until she gets out (read: until I release her).
- Just recently has really enjoying being held upright, sort of over my shoulder. Which means she is now also liking her front pack, although it's tough to get her legs to go where I want them to go!
- Is starting to put herself on a schedule... I'm trying to write down her sleeps so I can try and see the pattern, and avoid over-tiredness. It's challenging.
- HATES to be cold. Hello outrageous heating/power bill.
- Is now in LOVE with her swing. If she's screaming and can't be consoled, we can now count on the trusty swing to calm her down.
I'm wondering how much longer I should do these week-by-week posts, soon we can talk about her in terms of months!! Anyway, here's what Riley has been up to...