- sticking her tongue out all the time
- sleeping better, but still waking up 1-2 times per night. She's been going to sleep between 7 and 8, and waking up between 5:30 and 7, but most of the time she wakes at 6:30am. She slept through the night once, just as a tease, apparently.
- takes 3 naps a day, 2 of them are usually 1.5-2 hours, and the last one is anywhere between 40 minutes and 2 hours (usually closer to 40 minutes). BUT I am trying to now limit her daytime sleeps in hopes of her sleeping better at night. Seems to be helping just a little bit...
- She eats every 2-3 hours still, and sometimes refuses a bottle. Actually that's not true, she refuses to be fed by someone other than me, so she might refuse a bottle from Mark, but she'll take it from me, which sort of defeats the purpose of giving her a bottle in the first place.
- is obsessed with grabbing her toes. If her hands aren't in her mouth, they are holding onto her toes. When I nurse her she holds her toes the entire time.
- Getting reeaaaalllly close to sitting unassisted (she does it for about 10 seconds but topples really easily)
- wears 3-6 month or 6 month size clothes
- talking/screeching all the time
- loves to stand up
- laughs, but she makes us work for it!
- still afraid of strangers, so she cries when anyone but mom or dad tries to hold her and sometimes when people get too close and try to talk to her.
- puts everything in her mouth
- will tolerate being in the stroller for up to a hour now! (But only in the snap'n go, not her fancy shmancy jogging stroller)
- my guess is she weighs 15 pounds now? We'll find out on Monday.
My baby is 5 months old today!
New things she's doing since last month:
And she ended up like this. Figures.
And this is the best "up-close" shot I got. Also figures. But while she may not be smiling, at least these pictures truly do reflect her personality at 5 months old!
We celebrated her 5 monthday by getting her 3rd round of immunisations (weird, I just instinctively spelled that like a kiwi)! Luckily these are her last shots until she's 15 months old (the vaccination schedule is a little different here). And thank goodness because I HATE taking her to get shots! Poor baby bug, it is so so sad to see her cry like that. But this time was actually way easier than the last two times, she screamed for the first shot, then ony whimpered for the second, and stopped as soon as I picked her up. Then she was all smiles!