- Sleeping a lot still, but getting more awake each day. She loves to stare at our faces when we're holding her.
- Night time sleeping: she's still not so excited about sleeping anywhere but in my arms. We're working on it...
- Pooping like it's her job. Seriously. We go through a LOT of diapers a day. But hey, it means she's eating well, so I'll take it. :) And so far we've only had one complete blowout, where poop escaped up the sides and out the back of the diaper.
- Eating, eating, eating. She's a good eater MOST of the time, although sometimes if she gets too hungry, she gets a little frustrated and sort of thrashes her head around, which means it takes a lot longer for her to latch on and actually start eating.
- She smiles quite a bit when she's sleeping. It's obviously not in response to anything we are doing, but it is SO cute. I haven't managed to get a picture of it yet, but I'm trying!
- She sometimes sticks her tongue out at us in response to us sticking our tongue out at her... Not sure if it's a coincidence or if it's deliberate.
- Likes bath time, until the water gets too cold, and then HATES bath time!
- Is having a little trouble getting back to her birth weight. She started out at 7 pound, 6 ounces, then at 1 week she was down to 7 pounds even. Now, at two weeks, she's about 7 pounds 3 ounces, which is better, but she should be back to her birth weight by now... So we're giving her the weekend, and she will get re-weighed on Monday to see how much she's gained. I'm not sure what happens if she still isn't gaining well... we'll see. The midwife didn't seem too concerned, so it's not a huge deal, but we'll wait and see until Monday.
Riley bug is 2 weeks old! Time flies, huh? Here's what we've been up to this past week...
And, my funny little two week old...