(1) Being totally naked at first, but also getting used to wearing underwear and taking them off.
(2) Marshmallows!! Her reward for using the potty.
(3) Praise. Lots and lots of praise for her accomplishments. Telling her how proud we are and what a great job she's doing, etc etc...
(4) Preparing her in advance for this- just talking about it, letting her get used to using the potty and seeing us use the toilet as well.
(5) Asking her frequently if she needed to use the potty, then slowly tapering off how much we were asking her/telling her so that she could figure it out on her own.
(6) Trying to get her to sit on the potty as much as possible the first day or two, even if that meant extra TV time.
(1) The sticker chart. She liked it the first day, but we stopped using it after that. Probably because she plays with stickers all the time so getting a sticker wasn't that awesome of a treat, and not sure if she totally understood the concept and the delayed gratification behind the sticker chart.
(2) Taking her on an outing the first day- probably wasn't our smartest move, but no permanent damage was done so oh well.
(3) Getting frustrated. I knew going into this that there would (and still will be) challenges. I told myself that if she has accidents, the most important thing is not to get mad or frustrated with her. We've done a very good job of that, but it is frustrating sometimes when I'm trying to get us out of the house and trying to get her to pee before we go, and she just won't do it. There have been times when I've gotten frustrated and tried to tell her she HAS to sit on the potty, and it really doesn't help at all- she just gets mad and refuses. Definitely can't force her to use the potty!
(4) The potty seat that goes on the toilet. So far she hasn't ever used it. She'll sit on it, but she's never peed on the toilet, so at some point we're going to need to work on that. It's not like I can drag our little potty with us everywhere we go!
Obviously that's just our experience... she's done extremely well and hopefully she continues to do so! Can't believe my baby is using the potty (and thank god for not having two babies in diapers anymore!)