We finally made it to the zoo! The Oakland zoo was having "boo at the zoo" in honor of Halloween, so of course we had to go. The kids there were mostly all dressed up in costume, which was pretty cute, although it was a little warm for Riley to stay in her entire costume the whole time. She looked something like this:
I wasn't totally sure what she would think of the zoo, but we decided to go check it out anyway. Some things she LOVED, some she really didn't care about. A few of her favorites? (1) The turtle (or tortoise, but she can say turtle so we called it a turtle).
(2) Her free wristband she got upon entry. It was one of those snap bracelets, and she was obsessed with it the whole time.
(3) The petting zoo- although they call it the "contact zone" or something silly. And it was a little on the lame side, to be honest, they had a few goats and some sheep, but that was about it. But she loved it nonetheless. Plus she can say "goat" so that's fun. :)
(4) She liked the monkeys and chimps quite a bit, she kept pointing at them over and over and over again.
(5) There was an exhibit with giraffes, some antelope-type thing, and DUCKS... and of course, she was only obsessed with the ducks. You know, the ducks that you can see at our local pond rather than pay a fortune to visit in the zoo... oh well.
(6) She likes the sea otters, but I couldn't get a picture of her because she was surrounded by children, but trust me, she liked them. So let's pretend this picture is her LOVING the otters, mkay?
Overall it was a success, although I think she would have been just as happy going to a little petting zoo, but oh well. She liked the animals, and she looked pretty cute in her baby cow costume!