- How much she sleeps. I know she's still really young, and she gets a little more awake each day, but still... we have one sleepy baby!!
- How much easier breast feeding has been than I expected. Now if you remember, I expected the worst... I expected it to be hard, and painful, and frustrating, and that I would want to give up. Well, it hasn't been easy, but it has gone much more smoothly than I ever could have imagined. And now I actually really enjoy it!
- How much I don't mind getting up at night with her. Maybe it's because she's pretty regular in her waking times (12am-ish, 3am-ish, and 6am-ish), or maybe it's because I love snuggling with her to get her to sleep, who knows. But I don't mind not being able to sleep more than 2 hours in a row. Not for now, at least.
- How long it was going to take me to recover from the birth. I mean, birth is quite traumatic!! Of course I knew that in theory, but I always just figured yeah I'd be in pain for a little while, but it would be nothing compared to actually giving birth. I just wasn't prepared for the pain while sitting, or getting out of bed, or walking, or the afterpains while breast feeding, and on and on... I'm now 11 days post-birth, and just starting to feel a little normal. I can walk without pain, although if I overdo it, I definitely feel it. Little things like changing diapers and getting up off the couch while holding the baby are much more difficult than I expected because of the pain! I can't wait until I feel totally normal again!
- How food literally seems to go in one end of her, and out the other. As in, I am breast feeding her, and I can hear her swallow, hear her tummy rumbling, and then hear (and feel) it come out into her diaper. Just like that. I mean we're not talking like in 30 seconds, but in 20 minutes or so, definitely.
- How much personality she has. I mean, she sleeps a lot, so we have limited awake time with her, but her facial expressions she makes are priceless! Even sometimes the things she does in her sleep are so hilarious!
- How fast the days can go by even when I am just sitting on the couch all day long.
- How much free time it seems like I have... maybe it's because Mark is so helpful, or now that my parents are here, but every day I have plenty of time to take at least one shower if not two, do some laundry, some dishes, make the bed, etc... (I'd say put on make-up but I never did that before so not sure why I should start now...)
- I actually do sleep when the baby sleeps! Quite a bit, although as each day goes by, I feel like I need to less and less.
I'm sure there are more, but those are the ones that came to mind immediately.